Father’s Day on Sunday 3 September is a day to celebrate and honour the Dad’s in our life, show our appreciation for always being there to support and guide us with a gift that is just for him. Our fabulous Lifestyle team have compiled a gift guide packed with ideas that he will just LOVE.
We have every DAD covered from the Tech dad, business travel dad, jetsetting dad, stylish and cool dad, wellness and grooming dad, sporty dad, entertaining dad to the indulgent dad that appreciates the finer things in life.
1. Designstuff Kreafunk aHead headphones handsfree – $209
2. BeoPlay P2 – $248
3. Galantoro Cord Roll – $80
4. Google Home – $199
5. All Dock charger – $270
6. Samsung Geat VR Headsets – $99
7. Uashmama laptop sleeve – $129
8. Designstuff Kreafunk toCharge powerbank mobile charger – $85
Travelling Dad for business to Jetsetting Dad
1. The Store personalised luggage tag – $59
2. Apatchy London personalised sports bag – $98
3. Belance Royal republiq explorer toilet bag – $139
4. Boutique Heidi Men’s Liberty hankie bundle – $54.40
Stylish & Cool Dad
1. Oscar Hunt Trilby Fedora – $99
2. Belance leather double cuff – $59
3. Belance Krewe du optic – St. Louis – Bengal blue mirrored sunglasses – $399
1. Designstuff Bruzzoni Global The Wall Street Collection electric toothbrush – $219
2. Hunter nourishing shampoo, conditioner and body wash – $128
3. Miss Glass shoe care kit – $149
4. The Store Dovo Solingen grooming kit – $79.95
Father, Son & Daughter
1. Hickory Hill drop crutch camo pants & classic crew neck tee – $114.95
2. Hickory Hill camo boys pyjamas – $49.95
3. Hickory Hill leopard girls pyjamas – $49.95
1. Sneaker boy nike flyknit racer – $220
2. Opus Design Corkcicle canteen bottle – $54.95
3. Lululemon cross cut hoodie – $139
1. Peters of Kensington Global Knife Block – $449
2. Everdure cube portable charcoal bbq by Heston Blumenthal – $199
3. Opus Design Lumira 80hr candle – $65
4. Opus Design ceramic flask – $149.95
5. The Drive Hive handmade Koval Chicago whisky pack – $130
6. Tom Dixon Plum cocktail shaker – copper – $245
7. Skultuna bottle opener – $99
8. Simon Johnson Cheese board including slate cheese board & cheese knife from $130
9. Simon Johnson Joseph First Run 2017 750ml Olive Oil – $44.95
Sweet Tooth Dad
1. Haigh’s Milk selection hamper box – $59.95
2. Koko Black 36 piece gift box – $78.50
3. Australia Post Darrell Lea Dad’s Bag – $25
4. Simon Johnson soft pecan brittle – $24.95
5. New Farm Confectionery Chocolate Lovers Box – $55
1. Gucci G Timeless collection timepiece – $1095
2. Dior calfskin and red nylon backpack
3. Robertson Design Surry Hills – Ralph Lauren Polo Bar – from $5,000
4. Porsche Centre Melbourne – a 1996 2.0 litre flat-six boxer engine construction kit (limited quantity)
1. Craft Cartel gift pack of craft beer pack with 16 craft beers, tasting notes, $20 gift voucher and crafty bottle opener – $99
2. Gourmet Basket Whisky & Socks – $125
3. Gourmet Basket Shaken Essentials Copper Cocktail Hamper – $250
Dining out with Dad
Three Blue Ducks, Bronte – Treat your dad to Three Blue Ducks. Located on the hill overlooking Bronte Beach, it offers breakfast and lunch menus that use locally-produced and seasonally-driven ingredients and includes scrambled eggs with black sausage and freshly squeezed juices for brekky until 11:45am and poached ocean jacket with an Asian bone broth, steamed mussels with coconut sambal and braised beef cheek for lunch from 12:15-3:00pm.
Public Dining Room, Balmoral – Self proclaimed as casual fine dining in a relaxed luxurious space, Public Dining Room exudes Scandinavian style and modern-Australian fare and overlooks Manly and North Head. Open for lunch from midday, the a la carte menu hosts mains of holmbrae confit duck leg and ‘melting’ Huon Valley salmon or a small party can opt for the 6-hour slow cooked lamb shoulder for two.
Mr Wong, Sydney – Spoil dad this year at Merivale’s award-winning Cantonese restaurant with a delectable 60-dish strong menu and yum cha offerings. Yum cha is available from 10:30am–12:00pm and lunch from 12:00–3:00pm on Father’s Day.
Bistro Guillaume, Sydney – Treat dad to lunch or dinner at Bistro Guillaume. Dine à la carte from the main menu on bistro classics such as twice baked soufflé with roquefort sauce, steak tartare with pommes gaufrettes, roast Barossa Valley chicken with Paris mash and tarragon jus, and minute steak with red wine, eschalots and bone marrow. Alternatively choose from our Menu du Jour: two courses for $50 or three for $65.
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, Melbourne – celebrate Father’s Day with Steak and Chips the Dinner way. Carefully cooked over wood and charcoal ember and served with our world famous triple cooked chips – it’s worth the visit alone. To finish, their 105-step Lamington Cake will be presented followed by the theatre of the Nitro Ice Cream Trolley.
Garden State Hotel, Melbourne – Spoil dad this Father’s Day with a Victorian farmers cellar door 3 course lunch and cellar tasting from 12pm-2.30pm and enjoy a 3 course sharing menu in The Garden Grill.
After lunch partake in a beer and spirit tasting from 2.30pm-5.30pm with over 30 craft beers and spirits on show. Receive 5 complimentary tokens on entry to redeem for beer or spirit samples at the producer stands; and complimentary cheese boards from 4 local regions.
Saké, Brisbane – Try something a little different and take him for Japanese for Father’s Day. The Eagle Pier restaurant offers both an a la carte and bespoke menu specially curated for dad in the main restaurant at the traditional Japanese sunken tables. On Dad’s special day, he will also receive a complimentary glass of craft beer of sake.
Four in Hand, Paddington – Enjoy a traditional pork roast and Yorkshire pudding with all the trimmings at the Four in Hand, Paddington $24. All dads get a free beer plus every beer purchased gives you a ticket into the draw to win a meat tray. Roast is served in the pub.
4 Pines Truck Bar, Brookvale – Free brewery tours from 12 – 4 pm and then stick around to try out one of their 21 beers on offer as well as burgers and beer snacks.
NOLA Smokehouse & Bar – Water views, seafood broil and the pit-masters pick of slow-cooked meats plus more than 600+ American whiskies to choose from – enjoy the ultimate Father’s Day feast at NOLA Smokehouse & Bar.
Gift of Time
For the Dad that has everything and could do with a helping hand to take care of his weekly ‘to-do-list’, purchase an ESL Gift Membership for one, two or three months.