VIP Broken Bay Farm Tour
Immerse yourself in the story of the Australian Pearl. From Northern New South Wales’ stunning Central Coast to the remote Kimberley of north Western Australia.
Seaplane from Rose Bay Sydney to the Central Coast package – $620 per person
4 Hour duration
Take to the skies late morning and enjoy the breathtaking view of Sydney’s neighbouring harbour where the Pittwater and Hawkesbury River converge. Touch down on the Hawkesbury River near Mooney Mooney where you will be greeted by pearl farm staff and transferred to the Shellar Door, where your world of pearls awaits.
From the Headquarters to Pearls of Australia, you will cruise the scenic waterways of the Hawkesbury and discover the local aquaculture industry of oysters and pearls. Back at the newly opened Shellar Door, you will be immersed in the story of Australian pearls, from the original pearl shellers, to the tumultuous modern cultured pearl industry. Incorporating locally grown lustrous Akoya pearls from Broken Bay, and large South Sea pearls from Cygnet Bay near Broome, experience pearls being harvested, get hands-on with pearl grading and valuation, and meet the team who reveal the intricacies of pearl farming.
Take in the stunning views of the aptly named Spectacle Island as you sit back with a refreshment in hand and enjoy your choice of ‘Pearler’s Platter’ featuring Sydney Rock Oysters and the rare delicacy: pearl meat.
On your return flight, soar over the Harbour Bridge and Opera House before landing back at Rose Bay, completing a memorable and adventurous day at one of Sydney’s hidden gems – Broken Bay Pearl Farm.
Highlights of a visit to Broken Bay Pearl Farm.
- Cruise to Broken Bay Pearl Farm and discover what makes these the perfect breeding waters for pearls.
- See the longlines where the pearls are grown and learn the cultivation process.
- Hear about the local rock oyster industry and history of pearls in Australia.
- Join experts in a hands-one session with their pearl harvest as you learn how pearls are graded and discover the 7 virtues that underpin the value of Pearls of Australia.
- Meet the pearl farmers how guide you through the entire experience.
- Maybe take home Australian South Sea mother-of-pearl shell from Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm or a piece of Broken Bay Pearl Akoy
Plan a weekend escape with luxury accommodation at Pretty Little Beach House or Bells at Killcare. Start your weekend itinerary with a visit to the Broken Bay Pearl’s new Shellar Door. Your tour will follow the story of the Australian Pearl from its ancient Indigenous Beginnings through to modern farming and grading techniques all the way to the finished piece of unique pearl jewellery.
Our Lifestyle Team can create a bespoke experience for guests, groups and corporate experiences.