We are incredibly passionate about working with businesses that share our values of bringing wellbeing to the workplace.
This month, we shine the spot light on Wellineux a corporate partner bringing tailored wellbeing strategies to the workplace. With many of our clients heading back into the office, lets explore how Amanda McMillan, the founder of Wellineux and her team create unique wellbeing programs to support your organisation to THRIVE.
Wellineux draw upon a team of experts and bring to you their qualifications in positive psychology, mindfulness, education and nutrition. They work with you to develop strategic wellbeing initiatives to support your overarching business objectives.
By collecting employee feedback to create this strategy, it will help your employees develop healthy wellbeing routines to drive productivity and performance.
Working with clients with a long-term goal to engage their employees whereever they may be working. Wellineux’s Workplace wellbeing programs are integrated into your core business and HR strategies.
One of Wellineux key statements ‘it is important not to always think from top-down, but think bottom-up and to listen to your employees and ask them what they want’.
Wellineux Wellbeing Trends for Building Leadership Competencies in 2021
Building critical skills and competencies for the organisation is a top priority for 68% of HR Leaders in 2021 (Garnter, 2020).
Research shows that the total number of skills required for a single job is increasing year-over-year by 10%. With leaders being asked to do more with less, it’s important that leaders work together to address shifting skill needs and find ways to develop skills at the time of need.
Organisations that successfully implement programs to support a happy workplace can, on average expect a positive ROI of 2.3 (PWC, 2014 “Creating a mentally healthy workplace”).
The Current Challenge
65% of workers say they don’t feel their employer offers benefits or programs that help support or improve their mental wellbeing. (Metlife, April 2020).
The pandemic has put a spotlight on employee wellbeing and mental health like never before. There have been overwhelming amounts of statistics revealing the affects this crisis has had. A majority of employees say they are dealing with some type of mental health issue as a result of the pandemic, financial stress is high with countless job losses, multitudes are scared about their physical health, childcare responsiblities and new realities of social distancing and remote work.
Employees are saying it’s the most stressful time of their career, even more so than the 2008 global financial crisis.
The Outcomes + Benefits
Unhealthy employees work approximately 49 effective hours per month, compared to healthy employees who work 143 effective hours. PWC, 2010 “Workplace Wellness Australia”
Why should employeee wellbeing be a business concern?
Gallup research finds that employees thriving in all five elements of wellbeing – physical, career, social, financial and community:
- Are 36% more likely to report a full recovery after an illness, injury or hardship
- Are more than twice as likely to say they always adapt well to change
- Miss 41% less work as a result of poor health
- Are 81% less likely to seek out a new employer in the next year
Wellineux In Your Workplace
You will be working with a team of trained professionals to create healthy habits and routine in the realm of nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, stress management, mindfulness, sleep, leadership and overall wellbeing.
Intertwining with the eight (8) pillars of wellbeing to achieve peak performance and business success:
Focus on supporting Mental and Physical Health
Stress, lonelininess and sedation have been in chronic form over the last twelve months. There is an overwhelming concern for individual’s mental health as they work and live in our new normal.
Delivering in-person, live virtual and recorded movement classes incorporate stretching, HIIT yoga, dance, barre, pilates and body weight strength.
Wellineux will custom design In Person and Live Virtual Masterclass Workshops for Leaders and for Teams across mindset, rest, nutrition, connection, discovery, growth and resources for your team to walk away feeling supported with actionable techniques to equip them for the future of work.
As teams return to the workplace, ignite their curiousity with a sample from Wellineux’s extensive range of activations.
- Refuel Station – your community will choose ingredients they would like to go into a fresh made juice or an acai bowl.
- Silent Sound Meditation – your community can tune out by tuning into a sound meditation with headphones.
- Refuel, Recharge and Re-energise cooking demonstrations – learn how to re-create healthy snacks to keep your community energised throughout the workday.
- Work Wellness Market – Your community will have a chance to consult with a personal shopper, stationary stand, reusable masks, organic hand sanitiser, live music, meal delivery kits, essential oils.
- Fun Arcade – have your community face off with each other on fun old school active arcade games like dance machine, twin basketball hoops.
- Mindful Creative Arts – take a few minutes to calm the mind with a 30 minute mindful art and craft activity from origami, gift cards, colouring and terrariums.
Wellineux invite you to book a complimentary Wellbeing Strategy Consultation with Amanda McMillan, the Founder of Wellineux. Amanda will support you to navigate the current workplace environment and provide guidance on the best practice for wellbeing for your business.
International Wellbeing Calendar Dates for Quarter 1 & 2 2021
- 1 – 6 March: Employee Appreciation Day
- 14 – 20 March: International Day of Happiness
- 21 – 27 March: Earth Hour
- 1 – 3 April: Walk to Work Day
- 4 – 10 April: World Health Day
- 25 – 30 April: World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- 1 – 5 June: World Bicycle Day & National Running Day
- 6 – 12 June: Global Wellness Day
- 20 – 26 June: International Yoga Day