The Spring Racing Carnival is a time for both the Gents & Ladies to put their best fashion foot forward and spend a day out at the races. From AAMI Victoria Derby Day, Lexus Melbourne Cup and Kennedy Oaks Day we have your racing fashion style guide for 2019.
Feature image Alexandra Nea.
AAMI Victoria Derby Day
The first day of the Cup Carnival, Derby Day is a completely monochrome affair with attendees either wearing a black-and-white mix or one-tone outfits. This is a day for classic elegance and time to absolutely let the details of your dress become the statement of the day. Headpieces are a must, think traditional: a wide-brimmed hat or chic headband.
David Jones Derby Day Style Guide
- Phase Eight Maeve Frill Jumpsuit
- Dion Lee Mini Dress
- Fillies Collection Cream Leather Headpiece
- Carla Zampatti Diamonds Are Forever Jacket
- Fillies Collection Twisted Black Abaca Fan with Cream Leather Flowers
Glam Corner Derby Day Style Guide
- Cooper St Love Sleeve Midi Dress
- Elliatt Imperial Dress
- Thurley Enchanted Garden Dress
- Self Portrait Floral Mini Dress
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day
There’s no such thing as too much when it comes to dressing for Cup Day. Your style guide is bright colours, bold patterns and big headpieces. Headwear can be anything from a wide-brimmed hat to a silk turban to an embellished headband.
David Jones Cup Day Style Guide
- Rebecca Vallance Siena Jacket & Pant
- Christian Dior Stellaire 4 Sunglasses
- Fillies Collection Dusty Pink Pillbox
- Rixo London Elsa Sponge Check Dress
- Christian Louboutin Kate 85
Glam Corner Cup Day Style Guide
- Zimmerman Corsage Pleat Mini Dress
- By Johnny Winter Garden Tulip Midi Dress
- Perseverance London Mini Dress
- Talulah Remember Me Midi Dress
Kennedy Oaks Day
Oaks Day is traditionally known as Ladies Day and all about feminine pieces, pastel tones and florals.
David Jones Oaks Day Style Guide
- Kitz Elucidate Puzzle Dress
- Aje Helena Maxi Dress
- Ulla Johnson Birds of Paradise Vienne Mini Dress
- Max Alexander Black Lace Batterfly Fascinator
Glam Corner Oaks Day Style Guide
- Moss and Spy Elodie Dress
- Zimmerman Amari Emerald Buttoned Dress
- Thurley Something Blue Dress
- Rebecca Vallance Carline One Shoulder Dress
For your ultimate in racing fashion, visit Glam Corner to hire your Designer Dresses for this Spring Carnival and have your fashion style delivered to your door.
If need assistance with your Spring Carnival style our Lifestyle team can assist you with selection, ordering and delivery or if you would like to be personally styled, we will arrange for our stylist to prepare your looks for each day of the carnival.